Destin is a city located in northwest Florida, in an area known as Panhandle. It is home to stunning white beaches with emerald green water and is a perfect destination for Summer as well as Winter Vacation. Thousands of tourists visit this exotic location around the year for its beauty as well as the activities it offers. You can expect to engage in activities like parasailing, a variety of watersports, aquarium visits, theme park visits, dolphin cruises, etc.
However, instead of making all the arrangements yourself, it is always a good idea to depend on experienced providers. For instance, you can conveniently book a vacation rental via Destinflorida.com. The best part of booking via them is you get in touch with the owner directly, and this makes the booking procedure faster. Also, the website keeps you updated concerning any events taking place in the city, especially nearby your vacation rental. So, for your next Destin Florida vacation, do get in touch with them.
Along with taking care of the bookings, one more thing that you need to do is pack correctly for this vacation. After all, you never want to ruin your time in this heavenly place just because you didn’t pack the essential items. So, to help you with that, here we have listed everything that you need to put in your bag. Let’s see what it is…
Items to carry for the beach
There is no doubt about it that you will be spending most of your time on the beach during your vacation. That being said, here are the things that you will need to spend a perfect day soaking in the sun on the sand.
- Beach Bag
- Beach Towels (you can get them locally, but it is best if you bring along a few from home)
- Bathing Suit/ Cover-up
- Floats/Beach Toys
- Cooler with lots of water and snacks!
- Sunscreen (something with a higher SPF)
- Portable Speaker
When you are on a vacation, you certainly don’t want to overpack. However, that doesn’t mean you go unprepared. There are a few items that you must carry just in case you need them. So, save your trip to any local Florida store by packing the following items:
- Rain Jacket
- Insect Repellent
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, etc.)
- Medication (carry medicines for motion sickness, allergies, etc.)
- Emergency Cash
- Lotion for sunburns
Packing for a Vacation Rental
Nowadays, many tourists prefer staying in a vacation rental rather than in hotels. If you have never stayed in a rental condo before, it can get a little confusing about what to pack and what not. Well, of course, you can contact the vacation rental company and inquire about what is included in the rental, but there is no harm in carrying a few things. Usually, while staying in a rental house in Destin, you will need the following items:
- Groceries & Condiments
- Basic seasonings, such as salt & pepper, etc.
- Additional cooking supplies other than pots and pans (this can include aluminum foil, baking paper, etc.)
- Trash Bags
- Toilet Paper (only 1 or 2 toilet paper rolls will be available)
- Paper Towels (again, only 1 or 2 rolls will be provided)
- Phone Chargers
- Board games and cards (to keep you entertained on rainy days)
- General Necessities
Packing for a winter vacation in Destin, Florida
While anyone would love to visit Destin beaches in the summer, it is not uncommon to plan a winter vacation there. After all, you can expect fewer tourists, less traffic, better rental rates, and above all beautiful beaches with sunny weather.
The thing is, Destin is known for experiencing mild weather even during the coldest months of winter. Besides, during this time, it is less likely to rain. Each winter month is expected to receive 5 or 6 days of rain, and you can always adjust your time of visit by keeping an eye on the weather forecasts. Also, you will not see any snow here in winter, and since you picked Destin for vacation, surely you aren’t expecting to see snow either.
- Nevertheless, your packing list will completely change if you are traveling during winter. So, to go prepared for a winter vacation in Destin, here are the items that you will need:
- Jeans or slacks (no need to carry heavy pants)
- Light jackets (yes, there is no need to carry the bulky ones)
- Rain jacket and boots (check the weather forecast to know if there are rainy days during your visit)
- Comfortable walking shoes for walking around the city, and floats and sandals for when you visit the beach.
- Hats and sunglasses for sunny days even in winters
Packing for kids
Traveling with kids is fun, but there is nothing more irritating than having a bored kid on a vacation. So, ensure you carry all the necessary items that you need to keep them busy. Pack some basic arts and crafts supplies like a coloring book and a set of crayons. However, don’t carry any glue and scissors to avoid mess.
Furthermore, since you are visiting a location with beautiful beaches and plan to spend time there as well, surely carry some sand toys. You can certainly not allow them to be in the water for hours and hours, and thus to keep them occupied on the beach carry shovels, buckets, molds, etc.
If you have older kids, carry a few books that they can enjoy. Throw in some interactive books as well. In simple words, bring anything that can capture their attention.
Also, ensure you pack all their FAVORITE kinds of stuff. It can be toys, a blanket, or any food item they love. For sure, they will need it all on vacation.
Lastly, with kids, you will always need extra pair of clothes. Thus, don’t be shy to pack almost all their clothes if you expect you will be needing them.
Well, apart from the items mentioned above, you will need to pack almost everything that is needed for a typical vacation. For instance, don’t miss out on packing your cellphone chargers, first aid kits, etc. Then again, even if you forget something, you can always go to a nearby shop in Destin and get it all.