Kashmir, also known as the paradise on Earth, is a perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or vacation. With its snow-captured mountains, picturesque valleys, and magnificent lakes Kashmir offers an ideal fusion of tranquility, natural beauty, and adventure. Because of its peaceful surroundings, good climate, and friendly population, this is the most popular destination for people from all over the world.
In this article, you will get to know all information if you are planning a Kashmir honeymoon.
How to reach Kashmir
Kashmir is reachable by both air and road. Major cities in India and overseas can be reached easily from the Srinagar International Airport. Kashmir is also accessible by road from Jammu or other nearby places. Kashmir is at its most pleasant and snow-free from March and October, making it the ideal season to travel there.
Must Visit places in Kashmir
Here below we have provided some of the must-visit places during your Kashmir honeymoon or tour.
- Srinagar: This is known as the Venice of the East as being the capital of Jammu, Kashmir. This place is well known because of its houseboats, breath-taking sceneries, lovely gardens like Mughal Gardens, Nishat Bagh, etc,
- Gulmarg: You have to travel 50 kilometers from Srinagar to reach Gulmarg, which is a popular ski resort. This is a very beautiful valley with cable cars, meadows, and snow-capped mountains.
- Pahalgam: This is a beautiful hill town with lush meadows, magnificent valleys, and glittering rivers situated around 95 kilometers from Srinagar.
- Sonamarg: This is a well-known little village with glaciers, snowcap mountains, hiking paths, etc.
- Dal Lake: In Srinagar, Dal Lake is the most famous tourist destination for its houseboats and floating markets. You can take a boat ride and spend the night on a houseboat there.
- Shalimar Bagh: Shalimar Bagh was created by Mughal Emperor Jahangir. This is a very beautiful part, which is renowned for its water features, flower beds, and tiered gardens.
- Chandanwari: This is a place from where the Amarnath Yatra begins. This place is also known for its picturesque skip pathways and snow-capped mountains.
Things to do in Kashmir
In Kashmir, you can do a variety of activities, whether on vacation or honeymoon. Here below, we have provided a list of well-known activities that you can do in Kashmir.
- Trek: Kashmir has several beautiful trekking routes, which provide breathtaking Himalayan views. Some of the well-known routes are the Great Lakes Trek, Tarsar Marsar Trek, and The Kashmir Alpine Trek.
- Ski: Here you can also visit Gulmarg, which is a well live ski resort in Kashmir, and it is well known for its snow-capped peaks.
- River rafting: You will get a thrilling opportunity to do River rafting in Kashmir in rapids.
- Rides in Shikara: You can also enjoy a tranquil shikara ride in Dal Lake and other Kashmiri lakes.
- Camping: In the stunning valleys and meadows of Kashmir, you will get many opportunities to do camping.
- Shopping: Srinagar is a very good place to buy gorgeous handicrafts. Pashmina Shawl, Souvenirs, carpets, etc.
Overall, we can say that Kashmir is a stunning location for honeymoon planners or normal tourists as because it provides the ideal mixture of relaxation and adventure. Here you can make priceless moments with your loved ones. So, if anyone is looking for the ideal escape due to the friendly location, breathtaking scenery, and delectable cuisines, then this is the must-visit location.